Link building is a procedure that refers to linking your website page to external pages. It is one of the strategies that is followed to perform search engine optimization. Link building is a time-consuming procedure as not all the links are created equally. Some high quality or authoritative websites will provide high-quality links that have a greater impact. Link building is important because it is one of the factors that contribute in making a website rank on Google search results.
It has been mentioned on Google website that:
“In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages.“
There are numerous link building approaches used to get external websites to link to your own website. These include:
- Content Creation & Promotion: You can create a compelling content that can be linked to so that more and more people know about it.
- Submissions: Submit press releases related to any latest event or submit your website to directories, etc.
- Reviews & Mentions: Present your website, products or services in front of prominent bloggers.
- Links from Friends & Partners: Those who work with your can help your link your website. Get their help in linking.
Best Ways of Link Building
There are many free link building strategies. You can build links to the pages that you wish to see improving on search engine rankings. There are a few key factors that you need to consider for better results:
- Anchor Text
- Quality of the Linking Page
- Page the Link is Aimed At
There are many published journals that mention – new links take about 10 weeks to show their impact, but there are many who have proved that if you perform high-end link building, then you will notice immediate and constant positive impact of the same. These two contradictory statements sometimes create confusion among link builders and due to this confusion; they fail to create the right strategy for their business. The question arises is – how both these statement can be true? It has been found that it takes 10 weeks to show the impact of link building if your website is moderately large and have numerous pages. But those who have a small website, they will notice quick results of these links.
Let’s take an example of small business websites that have created high-end links and the impact of these links was extreme. They are mainly non-retainer businesses that have not performed any SEO task. Moreover, the actual link-building element is embarrassed to just a few days, means it was performed for a short time period.
What Are The Major Differences Found During The Study?
- The small websites generally have low authority; therefore, the impact of these links is dramatic.
- The results are not visible just through one or two new links; rather a complete concerted link building campaign is run to generate high quality, relevant links in a short time period. When the volume of links is increased, there is a considerable boost in the website on search results.
- The idea behind building high-quality links is to increase the website traffic instead of rankings. Traffic is the real metric of success because traffic results in long-tail queries and side-wide benefits, which later is translated into actual business. This actually more suitably applied to local businesses as these links heavily influence local results, resulting in increased website traffic and improved domain authority.
- Because we are talking about small businesses, there are a few additional variables that may cause traffic fluctuations.
Hope you have got a basic idea of link building, how it is done, why it is important and how website size affects the duration of the results.